For many companies, corporate travel is an important part of doing business – but it’s also difficult to manage efficiently.
If you’re an administrator or a travel manager, you know that planning business travel is complicated: finding the best rates, collecting and logging all invoices, managing last-minute changes takes time and resources. If you want to manage international travel, your task becomes more complicated.
And if you decide to outsource this task to a travel agent or a travel management company, you’ll need to find the right one for your business—which is a challenge in itself.
In this article, we’ll look at the top 4 best corporate travel agencies in San Jose, California and the region (Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Diego) to help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
Features to look for while choosing a travel management company
Many travel management companies for business in San Jose offer travel technology to assist in the booking process or have dedicated agents to help you book your trip.
Keep in mind, however, that a local travel management company with physical offices isn’t necessarily the best option to help manage your company’s business travel needs, as it may not have all the features you need to optimize your travel program.
Choosing a travel management company that doesn’t offer all the features you need puts you back at square one, facing the same limitations as in the past.
Below, we detail the key features you should look for when comparing travel management companies that will help you save money, protect your business travelers, and streamline your entire travel management program.
- Comprehensive travel list: It is essential that the travel management company you choose gives you access to a wide inventory of transportation and accommodation, as well as enables you to compare prices, dates and offers that best suit your travel needs.
- Built-in approval workflow: Embedding your travel approval workflow and travel policy into your travel management company platform helps you increase policy compliance rates and eliminates the need to manage travel and expenses via lengthy email threads.
- Centralized Invoice Collection: Some travel management companies do not operate as a single vendor which means you still need to collect and submit invoices from different companies. Travel management companies offer a system that can save you a lot of time and hassle by consolidating all your monthly invoices into a single vendor invoice.
- Flexible Booking Options: Flexible booking options enable last-minute changes in trip dates or cancellations to be accommodated after booking for free or at a reasonable price.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Unexpected events are inevitable on business trips, and you need to know that your travel management company will be there to help you if something goes wrong. A prompt, easily accessible customer support function is essential to help your travelers handle issues that arise.
- Reporting Capabilities: The ability to access travel data broken down by individual business travelers, mode of transportation, booking type and cancellations, helps you conduct significant cost optimization activities.
4 Best Corporate Travel Management Companies in San Jose
Now that we have talked about the most important features when choosing a travel agency, we will look at the best corporate travel agencies for companies based in San Jose to help you choose the one that best suits your needs, travel policies. , and budget.
TravelPerk is a comprehensive travel management solution that enables you to manage all aspects of your company’s business travel.
TravelPerk puts traveler experience and self-management at the center, providing both admin staff and travelers with all the tools they need to manage business travel, including risk management, easy cancellation and real-time expense reporting.
Last year, TravelPerk hired US business travel specialist Next Travel to set foot in the US and provide its US customers with the best support and travel options they can get.
TravelPark offers several benefits to companies looking to improve travel management:
- We have the largest inventory globally enabling you to find and select the most convenient options for travelers while saving on costs.
- Flexible booking with FlexiPerk makes it easy to change travel plans, even at the last minute: you can cancel a trip 2 hours before travel and you’ll get a minimum of 80% of your money back
- Travelers receive safety alerts before and during their trip
- Integrated travel policies and approval flows simplify the decision-making process, improve compliance and ensure your travelers stay within budget
- Centralized invoicing speeds up and simplifies invoice collection
- Real-time expense reporting streamlines expense management
- Carbon offsetting enables companies to make corporate travel more sustainable
- Integration with third-party software helps you keep all your apps in sync and automatically exchange information with them (including expense management apps).
- Event management helps remote and hybrid teams plan meetings and events
Best of all, TravelPerk has 24/7 customer support where travelers get an answer within 15 seconds; According to the G2 review, quality has consistently impressed travelers and enabled them to adapt to their needs and reduce stress.
To learn more about how TravelPerk can help you optimize business travel at your company, contact us to book a free demo and see the platform in action.
See how TravelPerk makes business travel stress-free
2. JALB Travel
JALB Travel is a traditional Travel Management Company (TMC) based in San Jose.
It prides itself as a woman and minority-owned travel agency that is also ARC/IATAN-certified. It offers both business and leisure travel management (including cruise planning) which means it is not a corporate travel-first company.
JALB Travel offers the following benefits to corporate clients:
- 24/7 service
- Low service fees
- Credit report to keep track of unused tickets
- Detailed expense report
However, JALB Travel does not have a self-booking tool, which means that travelers must rely on the company’s agents to book transportation and accommodation for them.
The agency does not offer a central invoicing and reporting tool, nor third-party integration with other expense tools, which makes the job of administrative staff more difficult. Additionally, there are no travel precautions for changing health and safety requirements at the destination location.
3. Direct travel
Direct Travel is a travel management company headquartered in Centennial, Colorado, with two main divisions: corporate travel and personalized experiences for leisure travelers (including specialty tours and cruises). Direct Travel’s corporate travel arm covers most business travel needs. You will not answer You will not answer:
- Manage travel accounts with a proactive, consultative approach
- A personalized travel advisor experience
- Proprietary travel compliance technology for business travel policies
- Various cost optimization features including contract optimization, unused ticket management, and direct savings desk and more.
It is important to note that Direct Travel uses SAP Concur as their online booking tool. Although a solid platform, SAP Concur also has its problems, and is not as user-friendly as travelers and administrators would like it to be – also, its travel catalog is not as extensive and less feature-rich as Travelpark and Airbnb.
Additionally, it does not feature a flexible program with the option to claim refunds for canceled trips.
4. Corporate travelers
Corporate Traveler is the last competitor in our list of business travel companies that serve companies in San Jose.
It was founded in the UK in 1999 and is therefore one of the more established companies in the business travel industry; Currently, it operates in seven countries including the States and has launched Melon, its platform for online self-booking, security information, reporting, expense and policy management.
Some of the other travel services it offers are:
- Exemption on travel fares
- 24/7 support and a dedicated travel agent
- Solutions adapted to the needs of different industries
- Reports and tools enabling sustainable business travel
- Expense and travel policy management tracking
TravelPerk, however, offers better third-party integration features and a wider list of accommodation, airfare and car rental options. Corporate Traveler does not enable you to create separate profiles for guests (ie people outside your company) and book trips for them.
If you’re looking to optimize business travel for your company, you have many options to choose from — but keep in mind that a local travel management company in San Jose isn’t necessarily the best choice, and it just might not offer all. Features you need.
TravelPerk, on the other hand, has a simple and intuitive interface and many features that help you streamline corporate travel, such as a large inventory, a flexible self-booking platform, and a comprehensive security and risk management solution.