There are many tasks to run, manage and track when your employees travel especially internationally.
Partnering a comprehensive business travel management software option with your corporate travel strategy is essential if you want to design and manage a corporate travel program that works. The hardest part is finding the travel management solution that best suits you.
Travel Management Company (TMC) options are many, and in this article, we’ll help you evaluate the key features, key strengths, and user reviews of both SAP Concur Solutions and CWT, and we’ve included another option, TravelPark, that’s good. Worth looking into.
SAP Concur is one of the oldest travel and expense management software companies today. SAP Concur offers a complete suite of products for corporate travel management, expense tracking and invoicing. The three key capabilities of this software are:
- Concur Expense automates the expense reporting, approval, and budgeting process.
- Concur Invoice provides visibility into travel expenses and manages the Accounts Payable (AP) process.
- Concur Travel makes booking business travel easy with an extensive network of suppliers.
SAP Concur is the key differentiator and strength
SAP Compliance primarily caters to medium and large organizations across a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, retail, non-profit and finance. There are a range of product features that distinguish SAP Concur, such as:
- Integrated Travel and Expense Platform: Integrates business travel and expense management.
- An integrated corporate travel system: integrates travel data, enables employees to book and modify reservations, and supports duty of care. Integration with TripIt Pro helps businesses get deals from suppliers with real-time alerts.
- Automated expense management: Offers a large inventory for each budget range to adjust expense policies as business needs and capture receipts on the go.
- Advanced Finance Auditing: Uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to uncover fraudulent activity, analyze trends in misappropriation of funds, and cross-check expenses for faster reimbursement.
- All-in-one event management: Simplifies attendee registration, employee location tracking and event expenses to avoid overspending.
- Automated AP Management: Enables vendor cost control through informed decisions with dashboards and streamlines virtual payments with expanded integrations.
- Three-way match: The tool analyzes purchase orders, receipts and invoices for each payment and identifies discrepancies.
- Suggestive intelligence and analytics: Gain actionable insights and alerts with dashboards and reporting capabilities to create a single source of truth for all stakeholders.
- Rapid integration: Connects data points to content in other business applications, including Xero, NetSuite and Quickbooks, for an easy approach to corporate travel management.
SAP Concur User Review Testimonials
What users like about SAP Concur
“SAP Concur both tool expense and travel work very well. It handles shipments very well. You can manage your expenses, I’ve never come across an expense where the department isn’t listed in SAP Concur, it also has a pretty decent system when it comes to SAP travel. It handles all your itineraries and travel expenses quite well.” – Sikandar A., SAP Concur Review from G2
“What I love about SAP Concur is that it is user friendly and at the same time it can help us manage various business trips and expenses which is very timely in our time of pandemic. SAP Concur allows us to simplify all tasks related to travel management, cost control, saving time and increasing productivity.” – SAP Concur review from Princes Nouf O., G2
What users dislike about SAP Concur
“When you log into the SAP Concur system it still shows that this software is quite outdated in terms of design. I’m a designer so I take this into consideration a lot. Also, it is not so user-friendly. You have to do every obvious step by yourself, systems are quite intelligent these days but not this one.” – Sikandar A., SAP Concur Review from G2
“What I dislike about SAP Conquer is that their interface is a bit simplistic which makes it not stand out among its competing applications that have the best GUI.” – SAP Concur review from Princes Nouf O., G2
Overall, SAP Concur users like it once they get familiar with the platform. It is not an intuitive and easy-to-use solution but requires training and onboarding for the team
CWT has been around for many years and operates in over 150 countries and caters to companies of all sizes. They offer CWT clients an API-based corporate travel and expense management product that provides a simple flight booking, hotel reservation and travel planning experience.
They focus on B2B4E, business to business for employees and see employee or customer experience as key.
CWT is the key differentiator and strength
- Hotel Management and Booking Integration: Offers a streamlined room reservation with hotel management and booking integration.
- Inventory: Global distribution system offers a choice of over 800,000 properties worldwide.
- Budget-friendly: RoomIt features special pricing for budget-friendly travel without compromising on convenience and comfort.
- Consultants: The myCWT mobile app allows consultants to assist in ensuring correct travel arrangements.
- Reporting and Visualization: Powerful ability to track your travel spend with actionable insights with AnalytIQs analytics and reporting tool for all your travels.
- Employee-Wellness, Climate Impact, and Organizational Performance (ECO) Framework: Align Sustainability with Your Travel Needs.
- International SOS: Provides additional support to corporate travelers from the LGBTQ+ community in partnership with International SOS.
- Safety and Security: Resources dedicated to helping travelers stay aware of pandemic-related travel news and other unexpected emergencies. You can easily identify any employee in an accident and trigger assistance efforts for their recovery.
- Data Security: A global cybersecurity team that helps your employees navigate data threats and security issues to ensure the privacy, integrity and availability of information.
CWT User Review Testimonials
What users like about CWT
“Convenient travel booking process was the main thing. Responsive staff when needing to call to change last minute travel arrangements.” – CWT review from Tracy-Lee C., G2
“We are always happy to take advantage of this company’s corporate travel (hotel, transport and flight) bookings. The network is very well developed globally. Calculations are detailed and accurate. We save a lot of time.” – Florian G., CWT review from G2
What users dislike about CWT
“There were inconsistencies in the level of personal service provided when calling to book or making travel changes. Some of the travel advisors were extremely helpful and even recognized my voice on the phone and knew me by name; Others may be a little ‘smaller’. – CWT review from Tracy-Lee C., G2
“The market does not always offer the best prices for hotels, flights etc. Service levels vary greatly across countries, poor in France, though good in Poland. They should have maintained standards everywhere.”- Małgorzata N., CWT review from G2
If you’re a company that enables their employees to book their own trips and wants to use a travel system that makes business travel management more scalable and manageable, then TravelPerk is worth looking into.
TravelPerk is the world’s fastest growing business travel company and serves a global market.
Overall, TravelPark came out on top on multiple fronts. It finds better rates, solves problems more efficiently and lowers the total cost of business ownership. TravelPerk strives to provide a travel management platform and experience that makes business travel work by offering you:
- The travel industry’s largest travel directory: Includes a comprehensive source of hotel content, air travel, rail options and car rentals with unique offers from Southwest Airlines, Amtrak, major hotel chains and more. The system gives you access to great value options.
- Freedom and control: Employees book for themselves, freeing up your resources. Keeps you informed about your business travel expenses with business features like built-in travel policies, authorizations and invoice management.
- On-Demand Service: Get help within 15 seconds with 7-star human customer support. A centralized point of contact via app, website and phone. Dedicated, experienced agents ready to help 24/7.
- Concierge Services: Group bookings, Airbnb bookings, transfers and ticket requests.
- Free implementation and no fees: you only pay when you travel. No fixed fees, no cancellation penalties, and no implementation costs.
- FlexiPerk: All travel with the FlexiPerk feature is refundable. If your plan changes, you get your money back, no questions asked. This initiative offers an upgraded booking level of comfort.
- TravelCare: Features a built-in travel risk management solution to provide information on safety and travel requirements, including guidance and real-time updates. Provides visibility into where business travelers are and what disruptions may occur to their trip.
- VAT Solutions: A comprehensive solution to identify and process all claimable VAT refunds for your travel to the EU so you can save up to 20% on your travel costs.
- GreenPerk: Helps offset all your carbon emissions for more sustainable travel.
- Responsibility of Care Solutions: Ensure your traveling staff are fully covered and receive in-depth trip reporting and travel alerts. Due to our integration with International SOS, you can manage evacuation and support services from a single portal.
- Developer-friendly open-API platform: for seamless integration with the rest of your business tools and workflows, such as expense consolidation, or HR management platforms. An open marketplace lets you integrate with other apps in one click for phased roll-outs.
TravelPerk is a corporate travel management partner you’ll want to consider because of their flexibility and adaptability needed in this ever-changing world of work and drive towards digitization. Perhaps you should see how this option works best for you. Click here for a free demo.
SAP Concur vs. CWT vs. TravelPerk: Side by Side Comparison
|Customer support||the poor||the poor||excellent|
|travel inventory||the poor||moderate||excellent|
|Governance and control||excellent||excellent||excellent|
|Reporting and Analysis||well||excellent||excellent|
|duty of care||moderate||excellent||excellent|
|Traveler Experience||moderate||the poor||excellent|
|Cost management||moderate||the poor||excellent|