Last updated: 25 July 2022
AirAsia has made another announcement Big P1 cell For AirAsia Members! This latest comprehensive promotion covers 16 domestic routes for 2022-2023 travel, including newly launched destinations like Dumaguete and Roxas City, as well as crowd favorites like Tagbilaran (Bohol) and Caticlan (Boracay).
Here are more details about this sale:
Sale Period: 25-31 July 2022
Travel Duration: 1 October 2022 to 28 October 2023
On top of domestic sales, flight costs to international destinations such as Singapore, Kota Kinabalu and Singapore have also been reduced to as low as Php 688, base fare.
Note that the P1 or PISO price refers only to the base fare, which does not include fuel surcharges, government-mandated taxes, terminal fees and other fees.
AirAsia Philippines Spokesperson and Head of Communications and Public Affairs Steve Dailisan shared, “The AirAsia BIG Sale is among the many regular promotions we roll out to reduce fuel surcharge costs. “We encourage our guests, especially those concerned about flying home with family or spending time with loved ones out of town on the holidays, to plan around these promotions to maximize their travel budget.”
Apart from flights, guests can avail up to 30% off on SNAP flight+hotel bundle via the airasia Super app and up to 50% off on TravelMall using code TMSAVE50.
If you’re always trying to snag cheap plane tickets during sales but always end up empty-handed, you’re doing something wrong. Understanding how the AirAsia booking process and seat sales work is critical to successfully achieving extremely low fares. This post may be able to help.
What is covered in this guide?
Booking promotional fares is like going to war. haha Thousands of hungry bargain hunters will fight for a very limited number of seats. Prepare for battle!
- A fast, reliable Internet connection. The faster the connection, the better. Airlines’ websites slow down during sales because of the sheer number of people and a crappy connection will make matters worse.
- An AirAsia account. Sign up for an AirAsia account before the sale so you don’t have to type in your personal and credit card details when booking a flight. Timing is of the essence when selling a seat. Having an account will save you time and effort. They sometimes run exclusive sales for members or give members 24-hour early priority access! Here’s how to become an AirAsia member.
- AirAsia Super App. Sometimes, Super App users get first dibs on sale seats. Booking through the app is sometimes preferred and app users get early access to promotional fares. Using the app can make the booking process easier.
- Your travel details. Your target destination, travel date and preferred time.
- Your Plan B details. If your first choice is no longer available, having an alternative destination or date ready will make the process go more smoothly.
- Your partner’s personal details. This includes their full name and date of birth. Generally, passport number is not a required field. You can ask your companion their seat (aisle or window) and food preferences in advance.
- A lot of patience. Booking promo flights is not easy. It takes a lot of patience and determination, haha. If the site crashes or your connection goes down, don’t give up easily. Just keep your game face on!
Seat sales are real. They’re not scamming you when they say there’s a sale and you can’t find any discounted seats. Granted, they are becoming increasingly difficult to find lately as more and more people are becoming more aware of seat sales. But that is not the only reason.
- Only a limited number of seats are sold. The number of seats on a plane is limited and the airline cannot sell them all because they have to make money too If you are a group of 20 people and you want to be on the same flight, forget about it.
- Published rates often refer to base fares only. What is base rent? These are the actual cost of the seat, minus all government taxes, terminal fees and other surcharges beyond the airline’s control. When AirAsia says zero fare, don’t really expect to get this ticket for free You will still need to shell out a little bit of money.
- You must be quick. It’s first come, first served. Even when the sale period lasts several days, don’t expect to see promotional fares in the last few days. Chances are, others have already booked those precious seats before you.
- You have to be quick. Each customer is given only a limited time to book each session. The specific seat you’re looking at can be gone in minutes (or seconds). If the promo seat you are about to book is unavailable, you will get this error prompt:
The first step to renting a promotion is knowing when the sale is going to happen Back in the day, we relied on email blasts and broadsheet print ads. But now, it’s much easier.
- Like AirAsia on Facebook. Promotions are usually first announced on Facebook. If you really want to make sure you don’t miss the sale, you can choose to prioritize AirAsia posts in your news feed. To do this, visit AirAsia’s FB page, hover over following button In the list of options that will appear, select see first.
- Like Poor Traveler on Facebook. Yes! On our page, we always announce major seat sales and promotions not only by AirAsia but also by other airlines
- Visit the official website of AirAsia: www.airasia.com.
- Choose your origin, destination, date of travel and number of travelers. Book by small batches. This is something I have proven many times. When you book for multiple people at once, the site does not display promotional fares. But when you book for just one or two people, you may have the same flight (same plane, same day, same time).
- Click on Search. If too many people are accessing the site, you will be asked to wait.
- Choose your flight. Once you reach the results page, you can choose flights or scan other dates. Once you find a promotional fare on the dates you want, click on the price and choose your add-ons. Then click CONTIUE (the green button at the bottom right of the screen).
- Enter the details of each traveler. They will need your full name, date of birth and nationality. Click CONTIUE.
- Choose your luggage, seat, and meal (optional). You can add travel insurance and travel tax.
- Review and pay. You can pay by credit card, debit card or offline partner.
That’s it! Once payment is received, you will receive the itinerary and confirmation in your email.