Between getting the best price, ensuring policy compliance, tracking all expenses, managing travel risks and meeting your sustainability goals, your business travel planning can quickly get out of hand.
so, What is the best solution? Travel management companies, that’s what.
A corporate travel management company (TMC) saves you the struggle of juggling travel plans and policies and streamlines your travel program. We put together a list Top four TMCs operating in Colorado And a complete guide that covers:
- Advantages of using a travel management company
- The best features to look for while choosing a travel management company
- Four of the best corporate travel management companies in Colorado
4 Benefits of Using a Travel Management Company
Whether you’re building an up-and-coming startup or working in a large-scale enterprise, a TMC can optimize your travel program in a number of ways. Let’s have a look.
- TMC simplifies the booking process from start to finish: Use online booking tools to quickly and easily find the right flights, hotels, train tickets and more for your travel staff.
- TMCs facilitate quick post-trip reporting: Get access to reporting tools that help you create and share comprehensive travel reports that help inform future corporate travel.
- TMC saves you money: Be it discounted flights or advanced expense management—TMC can help you take full control of your travel budget.
- TMC should ensure adherence to policy: You should be able to add corporate travel policies to ensure your traveling employees never go over budget when traveling for work.
Simply put, a business travel company can streamline the booking process, ensure comprehensive travel reports and save your travel budget.
Features to look for while choosing a travel management company
Traditionally, travel management meant sitting with a travel agent at a brick-and-mortar agency. This requires constant detailing, complex planning and documentation, and a lack of transparency that makes travel managers question whether they’ve found the best deal.
There is travel management evolved— Travel managers can now quickly and easily find the best deals without leaving their desks. Now the biggest difficulty is finding the best TMC for your organization.
Let’s break down the six essential characteristics to look for in a TMC:
You want a travel management company that offers a huge inventory of flights, trains, car rentals, and accommodations. You need plenty of options to compare and choose from for your chosen dates and destinations, including low-budget options
Flexible booking and cancellation options
You may need to make last-minute changes to your business trip—your travel agency should give you the flexibility to accommodate these changes and change or cancel the booking at any time.
Excellent customer support
Employees may require assistance prior to or during travel. Your TMC should provide easily accessible, 24/7 support to answer questions and address concerns throughout the trip. This is essential to ensure that your employees are safe on their travels, and are never stranded without someone to call.
Control your expenses with expense management solutions
Having complete control over costs is essential for successful corporate travel management. You need a solution that can meet your travel policy, limit traveler costs and find the best deals around.
Reporting and analytics dashboard
Comprehensive reports for each trip can give you better visibility into your expenses and taxes. You can use this data to closely study your travel patterns and make better decisions in the future.
Compliance and authorization integration
The travel management company you choose will help you create customized workflows to review and approve/deny reservations in line with your travel policies. This is a non-negotiable feature to improve compliance rates and ensure you stick to your travel budget.
4 Best Corporate Travel Management Companies in Colorado
Now that you know what you’re looking for, let’s look at some of the top options for managing business travel for Colorado based companies. We’ve rounded up four of the best corporate travel management companies to narrow down your choices and help you find the right one for your business.
TravelPerk is a universal corporate travel management solution taking corporate travel management to the next level. Designed to give travel managers and employees a better overview of their business trips, TravelPerk simplifies the booking process with a centralized invoicing platform, extensive integration with third-party tools and flexible travel options — plus more.
Here are some of TravelPerk’s best features for all your corporate travel needs:
- Industry-leading travel inventory: Get unparalleled access to flights, accommodations, rail travel, car rentals, and even Airbnbs to help you find the best options for your business.
- Flexible Bookings with FlexiPerk: Cancel flights two hours before departure and get 80% guaranteed refund of travel cost with FlexiPerk.
- Achieve sustainability goals with GreenPerk: Meet your carbon control goals with the GreenPerk carbon offsetting program.
- Travel policy compliance and approval workflow: Keep travel expenses within your budget by adding travel policy compliance to your platform and setting up an approval workflow in under two minutes.
- Efficient risk management with TravelCare: Stay on top of potential risks and prioritize employee safety with TravelCare.
- 24/7 customer care support: Ensure your employees are safe and connected while traveling for business with Travelpark’s best-in-class travel support team with a 15-second response time.
Also, TravelPerk doesn’t only Manage corporate travel – It can also help you organize national and international events. Whether you need to manage attendance, book venues or schedule meetings, you can do it with TravelPark.
TravelPerk optimizes your corporate travel program and eliminates the headache of dealing with multiple travel agents. It is a one-stop shop to manage your business travel itinerary without worrying about policy compliance, traveler safety and travel reporting.
See how TravelPerk makes business travel stress-free
2. Cain trip
Kane Travel is a boutique travel agency based in Boulder, Colorado. As the largest independent travel management company in North America, Cain Travel can primarily help you streamline expense management, create and monitor travel bookings, and execute your travel policies.
Cain Travel is best known for:
- Customized online booking tool: Use a travel booking tool – SAP Concur or Etta – customized to your travel policy and budget
- Stay within budget: Increase savings and prevent wasteful spending with cost-control solutions and bargains for all inventory.
- Implement your policy effectively: Set up authorizations for various aspects of the booking process and prevent all out-of-policy reservations
- High touch service: Contact 24/7 support for any assistance and get personal guidance from travel experts with 17+ years of industry experience.
- Providing duty of care: Give employees complete visibility into their itineraries and reduce travel risk with easy access to help.
For all these features, Cain Travel has some critical flaws – primarily their booking engine. Powered by Concur, the booking engine is complex and doesn’t have the best inventory. Plus, you can’t track costs in real-time or offset the carbon emissions of your travels—unlike TravelPerk.
- direct travel
Direct Travel is a business travel management company with multiple offices in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Denver, the company offers a wide range of travel services to meet your needs—from advice and planning to expense management and analytics.
Here’s what sets companies direct travel offers:
- End-to-end program management: Work with experienced account managers to consistently plan, evaluate and improve your travel program.
- Data-driven storage: Get critical data in real-time to book the best airfares and prices; Track your spending through comprehensive reporting.
- Improved traveler experience: Access the Direct2U mobile app or web travel portal to stay on top of your itinerary and enjoy 24/7 customer support.
- International travel services: Plan global travel with global travel management solutions, supplier data, cost analysis and more.
- Travel risk management made easy: Get real-time travel alerts about any danger and communicate with your travelers anywhere in the world.
Although Direct Travel is a trusted corporate travel agency in Colorado, they rely on a third-party booking tool to make all reservations. This means you won’t have complete control over the planning process—which is provided with TravelPerk’s centralized booking tool.
Also, they lack some of TravelPark’s advanced features such as flexible booking and cancellation, carbon offsetting and event management.
Corporate Travel Management (CTM) is a global travel management company that provides all-inclusive travel management solutions for businesses of all sizes. Its booking technology enables travel managers and employees to book travel online.
Let’s look at some of the features that make CTM a leading name in business travel management:
- Hassle free travel app: Book, change and manage your travel on the go with CTM’s travel app on your smartphone.
- Strategic Budget Control: Leverage CTM’s global purchasing power to get competitive fares and benchmark your staffing costs for maximum savings.
- Strong business acumen: Access a customized dashboard and work with a dedicated account manager to review and optimize your travel policy.
- Increase compliance: Use the CTM portal to plan, approve and track your bookings; It provides fully integrated travel management solutions.
- Industry-specific solutions: Choose from multiple options for specific industries like sports, universities, government, small business and more.
Despite being a global corporate travel management company, CTM cannot match TravelPerk’s intuitive functionality or industry-leading inventory. It does not guarantee flexible booking or 100% compliance. CTM also charges a subscription fee, while with TravelPerk, you only pay when you travel.
Choose a trusted travel management company in Colorado
Finding a trusted and all-inclusive travel management partner for your business can be difficult. Fortunately, we’ve made it easy for you by rounding up these four best TMCs for Colorado-based companies.
Among the four, there’s a clear winner: TravelPerk, an end-to-end corporate travel management platform with a sleek interface, best-in-class inventory, and corporate travel-specific features that hundreds of happy customers agree with Capterra and G2.
Try TravelPerk today and gain complete control over your corporate travel—both before and after the flight.