Booking business travel can be daunting. Trying to manage everyone’s agenda, snag the best flight deals, and find hotels within walking distance of the office can all get pretty overwhelming, pretty quickly.
Whether you’re looking for state-wide—or even global—corporate travel options in Alabama, or you’re looking to connect with a travel agency that specializes in Alabama travel, this article has you covered.
Advantages of using a travel management company
There’s a high chance you don’t need convincing to invest in a travel management company (TMC), but if you do, let’s cover the benefits of using one.
- A centralized platform: Invoicing, costing, and online booking tools make things all under one roof a lot Easy to manage.
- affordable: The money you put into your TMC you get back through travel deals, VAT recovery, saving time and optimizing your travel strategy for thin overhead.
- Round the clock support: Essential to your travel staff, surprises do arise and you’ll have a responsive customer care team to handle them.
- A smooth travel experience: Employees are finally getting the travel experience they deserve with an all-in-one app. Eliminate bloated processes and have your employees where they need to be.
Features to look for while choosing a travel management company
Flexible cancellation policy options
Flexibility in booking travel is more important than ever in today’s world. Travel is unpredictable and there are bound to be some bumps in the road. Maybe that means your travelers have to change plans at the last minute, maybe it means they have to cancel altogether. Make sure to adjust your TMC for both without taking a big hit on your bank account.
A huge travel list
A travel list today doesn’t just mean hotels and flights. There are more ways to travel and more ways to stay.
You need to find a TMC that offers everything from rail tickets to car rentals, hotel suites, fully-serviced apartments, whether you’re traveling to the Gulf Coast or hauling stuff further afield.
Exceptional customer service
When evaluating your next TMC, look for 24/7 customer support and shortlist them—we’ve done it for you here! Also, pay special attention to their customer support team’s reviews: you’ll need quick response rates and service with a smile to ensure your employees get the travel experience they deserve—even in a crisis.
Third party software integration
A new technology solution won’t be of any use to your business if it doesn’t integrate with what you already use. Make sure your TMC’s solution can integrate smoothly With apps and tools that currently take you through your day-to-day.
Find a TMC that is able to break down your travel data by person, mode of transport, canceled trips, bookings and VAT—to name a few! You’ll soon highlight areas for improvement and where you’re best spending your travel cash.
Four Best Business Travel Management Companies for Alabama Based Businesses
If you live in Alabama, there are a few TMCs for you to consider. We remember your standards are probably rocket high, so you’ve got the best of the best. Let’s keep going.
As one of the best travel management solutions available on the market, TravelPerk is a must-have for any travel manager, Alabama-based or not. It offers a feature-rich catalog to make your work smoother.
Some of the features of TravelPerk include:
- Flexible booking with FlexiPerk: Need to make a last minute change to your travel arrangements? No hassles, no waiting lines, and 80% of your money back if you cancel two hours or more before departure.
- Safety precautions with TravelCare: Keep your traveling staff safe and informed by delivering local security alerts directly to your phone.
- Carbon Offsetting with GreenPerk: Offset your business travel carbon emissions with TravelPerk’s green initiatives—contribute to VERRA-certified projects that help keep our planet clean and green.
- Best-in-Class Travel List: TravelPerk’s travel inventory covers flights, hotels, car rentals, rail tickets, serviced apartments and is the largest inventory on the market.
- Third-Party Software Integration: Integrate tools that are already in your technology stack without the need for your software engineers to hustle for their time Combine the technology of your choice with clicks.
- 24/7 fast customer support: 7-star service, operates in 15-second response times and is reviewed as raising the bar for customer support in the travel industry.
- An interface worth raving about: TravelPerk’s easy-to-use interface is often a fan favorite. One customer said the interface is: “Very intuitive and user-friendly.”
These are just a few of the features that make TravelPark a top choice for Alabama businesses. But, don’t just take our word for it. TravelPerk gets rave reviews on popular software review websites like G2 and Capterra
See how TravelPerk makes business travel stress-free
2. Brownell Corporate Travel
Brownell Corporate Travel operates as a traditional travel agency, providing travel services to locals in Alabama and beyond.
Here are some of their key features:
- Easy to use mobile app: Book and manage your travel on the go with their partners at Trip Case.
- Access some of the world’s leading airline ticket resources: Brownell’s partnership with Saber makes it easy to book with a large catalog of airline providers.
- Get flight and travel assistance with Air Desk: A solid feature offered by the company to help with any issues encountered during flight schedules and airline operating hours.
What Brownell hosts in talent it lacks is technology. Brownell relies on external providers to provide its technology solutions for clients. This means that if you run into technical issues throughout your booking or comms process, you’re likely to be stuck midway and have no clear route to who to turn to.
You need to find a solution that has technology, and customer care, yourself and in-house. TravelPerk does just that to ensure a 360 service and give you a complete overview of your account.
AdTrav Travel Management is a modern solution that offers an online booking tool for corporate and government clients. One of the things AdTrav prides itself on is its reporting features, which offer you easily accessible data to optimize your travel program.
Let’s explore some of the features on offer:
- Travel Intelligence: Get an overview of every air, car and hotel booking in one dash
- Actionable Information: Represents big data in bytesize chunks to get a better overview of your reservation
- Predictive Analytics: Create “what if” scenarios to help you execute better risk management for travel
AdTrav lacks some key features that TravelPerk customers love. Such as: offsetting your carbon emissions, flexible cancellations, and instant platform setup that help TravelPerk beat AdTrav to number one.
4. Travel to Stirling
For Alabama companies, Sterling Travel is a good option to consider and last on this list. Sterling Travel is a more traditional travel agency, helping to smooth the travel experience for employees. Whether they’re flying into Birmingham, Huntsville, New York, or beyond, Sterling Travel has a clear understanding of US travel needs and has travel experts on hand to help you get to your destination.
Some of its features are:
- Reporting Suite: Their Travel Reporting Studio is said to capture, clean and categorize your travel purchases, so you get a better overview of where you can save.
- International Documentation: The Sterling Travel Team is on hand to advise you on passports and documentation required when traveling outside the US.
- Web Portal: Bringing all your travel information at your fingertips in a few clicks
Admittedly, Stirling’s journey seems a little dated. Their technology is behind the times and their solutions don’t come close to what TravelPerk offers. Sterling Travel offers expense integration and 24/7 support, however, they don’t offer: integration with your travel policy, travel alerts, the equivalent of FlexiPark, or a particularly large travel list to bring you the perfect deals and dates for your travel needs.
Book a demo with your corporate travel team today
Sweet Home, Alabama! It’s decision time. Hopefully, you found this article useful and now have a solid understanding of how TravelPerk can provide everything you need to make your corporate travel program a success. If you still need convincing, visit G2 or Capterra to see why TravelPerk is rated one of the best-performing global travel management platforms available. Book a demo with TravelPerk today and see what this TMC can take you.